Mitron App: With an interface very similar to TikTok, an app named ‘Mitron‘ developed by an IIT Roorkee student has quickly become one of the most downloaded apps Google Playstore in India.
Now it poses a serious competition to the Chinese app TikTok with 50 lakh+ downloads in just a month’s time.
“Mitron App” The Indian App
- One of the biggest reasons to have fuelled the Mitron app’s quick popularity is the anti-China sentiment amid the pandemic.
- The other reasons have been the ongoing controversy of TikTok being embroiled in allowing controversial content.
- The short video platform made in India has a 4.7-star rating on Google Play store.
- This comes at a time when TikTok has ratings have come down to 1.4 stars after the Carry Minati feud and controversial acid attack video by TikTok Faizal Siddiqui.
- There was even a #BanTikTok campaign on social media platforms after a video glorifying acid attack emerged.
Appreciated by Deepak Abbot
- According to a tweet by Deepak Abbot, a former Senior Vice President of Paytm, ” IIT Roorkee student has quietly released a Tiktok clone called “Mitron TV” a month back and it has not only achieved 5mn installs, it is now no.2 android app in India thus raking in half a million installs per day. Name of the app is the growth hack here IMO.” (sic)
Mitron App available on Google Playstore
- The Mitron app is 8MB in size and requires an Android device to run on firmware version 5.0 or higher.
- To upload your video you will have to register yourself with and account ID and password.
- The app is free to download and use but not available on iOS at present.
Read Also: How to Book Train Ticket on IRCTC