IRCTC Ticket Booking: Indian Railways will gradually resume passenger train services starting May 12.
IRCTC Ticket Booking: Indian Railways will gradually resume passenger train services starting May 12. The Ministry of Home Affairs has issued a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) which clearly states that only odd and confirmed ticket holders will be able to travel in trains between the locked. All passengers will have to download the Arogya Setu app on their smartphones, the government has ordered.
IRCTC Ticket Booking through IRCTC website and app only
- In particular, passengers will be able to book tickets through online only using IRCTC website and mobile app.
- No one will be able to book tickets at the counters of Indian Railways. All passengers are required to wear a face cover or mask at the time of departure and undergo screening.
- Indian Railways has confirmed that only odd passengers will be allowed to board the train.
- Booking started today, May 4 at 4 am. However, the IRCTC website crashed and showed “errors”! In view of COVID 19 and as a measure of abundant caution, booking for all trains has been suspended until further advice on this route. – (500162) ”- This message.
- Booking should resume soon and people will be able to book tickets only through the IRCTC website and app.
- The mobile app is available on the Google Play Store as well as the Apple App Store.
How to Book Train Tickets Using IRCTC website
You can book train tickets using IRCTC website Step-by Step guide is here:
- Open a web browser and type irctc.co.in.
- After visiting the IRCTC website, click on the ‘Register’ button located at the top right corner of the website to create an IRCTC account.
- Then you have to enter your details like username, password, preferred language, name, date of birth, mobile number, email address, address and more.
- After filling the details you will need to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Then click on the Register button to create your IRCTC account.
- Existing users can only click on the login button displayed on the homepage. After this, click on Username> Password> Captcha Code> Sign In.
- Then you have to enter the source and destination> Date of journey> Class of coach> Click on “Find train” option.
Select The Train and Route
- Then from the list shown, select the train you want to book and also the category of coach.
- Click to check the availability and fare of seats in that particular train.
- If seats are available then you will have to proceed to book your ticket. Click on Book Now option> Fill in your details like Name, Age, Gender and Birth preference.
- Scroll down and enter the mobile number and captcha code. Click on booking option.
- Then you will need to pay. Choose your payment option -> Choose the preferred option from Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI and others.
- After payment, you will be able to download the ticket. You will also receive an SMS on your phone number.
How to book train tickets using IRCTC mobile app
- This process is more or less the same for the IRCTC app. First, create an IRCTC account – follow the same process as the website.
- To book a train ticket using the IRCTC mobile app, follow the steps here.
- Download and open the application on your phone and then click on the login option> enter your user ID, password and captcha code.
- Then tap on the “Plan my trip” option and enter the origin and destination stations, choose the date and tap on the search trains.
- Select trains> Coach Type> Check Availability> Enter Passenger Details.
- Pay by selecting the payment mode that best suits you.
- Available options are Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI and more> Complete payment.
- You will be able to download the ticket.