Google Meet vs Hangouts: Here is how to decide which Google video app is best for you.
To prevent from Coronavirus, The government has begun easing coronavirus related quarantines and lockdowns, many people are still working from home and using video chat apps such as Zoom, Skype and FaceTime But Let’s do the comparison between Google Meet vs Hangouts.
Read More: How to use WhatsApp Web on Computer?
Google Meet vs Hangouts
- There are two options that have risen toward the top of the pack for virtual happy hours with co-workers are from Google suite of tools: Google Hangouts and Google Meet (Google Meet vs Hangouts).
- Here are the several differences between Google Hangout and Google Meet (Google Meet vs Hangouts), and which one to pick the best one to use.
- Google Hangouts is the tech giant app for free video and voice calls as well as group messaging and file sharing.
- It is targeted at consumers for casual video chats with friends and family.
- You can invite up to 150 people to a Google Hangouts app, but only up to 10 can join a video call at once.
- You will need a Google account to start a call on Hangout, but you can join one without it.
How to Use Google Hangouts
- You will need a Google account to start a call on Hangouts, it is app for iOS and Android, your web browser or its Chrome extension.
- To make a call, open hangouts.google.com or find it on the left sidebar in Gmail.
- Select a person from the Hangout contact list, or search for their name or email address, and click it.
- Click Video call. In the app, open it up and tap the + button.
- Then enter your contact name or email, and hit the camera icon to start a video call.
- At bottom side to Google Hangout is that the view shifts to the person who is talking, so you can’t see everyone at once the way you can with a tiled or gallery view on Meet.
- But this may be less of an issue with a smaller group.
Google Meet: Video Chat App
- Google Meet is Google’s best video conferencing service targeted at businesses.
- In response to the coronavirus pandemic, however and likely to compete with video conferencing giant Zoom, Google recently made Meet available free to all consumers as well, just like Hangouts.
- Google’s Meet allows up to 100 participants on a call at once, and includes features such as scheduling, screen sharing and real-time captioning.
- People can join your meeting with a web link through their laptops or the Google Meet mobile app.
Google Meet Pricing
- Google Meet Pricing: The free version of Google’s Meet requires you to have a Google account, with video calls have a 60-minute capping.
- But Google said it won’t enforce that rule until after Sept. 30, so for now, you can chat as long as you want.
Features Of Google Meet
- Google Meet also has a number of default privacy protections in place, including host controls like the ability to admit or deny entry in a meeting, and mute or remove participants, complex meeting codes and encryption in transit.
- This seems to be Google’s way of taking aim at Zoom, which saw a major uptick in users as coronavirus lockdown began, but has since faced a number of security issues, including uninvited guests “Zoombombing” meetings.
Which one you use from Google Meet vs Hangouts
- So which one you should use, Google Meet vs Hangouts?
- It depends on what you are looking for.
- Hangouts may be the easier option for casual calls with friends and family who you already spend time G chatting with.
- But G Meet is the more elegant option allowing for larger group meetings with tighter security — and now that it is free for anyone to use, it is worth giving a go.