UP CM Yogi Adityanath’s father Anand Singh Bisht passes away, died at AIIMS in Delhi at 10.44 am on Monday morning.
He was admitted to the AIIMS on March 13 due to liver and kidney problems.
However, his condition deteriorated late Sunday night due to multiple organ failure.
Anand Singh’s funeral will be held in his village Pancur in Uttarakhand on Tuesday.
Yogi Adityanath lamented on the death of father, saying that he could not see his father’s final vision due to the corona crisis and lockdown in UP.
He has appealed to the family to carry out the funeral procession in compliance with social distancing.
BJP president JP Nadda, Home Minister Amit Shah and party general secretary BL Santosh arrived on Sunday night to ask Anand Singh for health in AIIMS.
His health had suddenly deteriorated on Saturday night. He was then placed on a life support system.
When the chief minister received news of his father’s death, he was in a meeting with the Covid-19 related team.
In the meantime, they were stunned for a while. Their eyes were gloomy. However, he continued meeting with the officers.
Governor Anandiben Patel, Speaker Akhilesh Yadav lamented the death of Yogi Adityanath’s father.
Yogiji wrote a letter to the family – could not do the funeral, could not come tomorrow:
- Chief Minister Yogi has written a letter to the family. In it he said – I am very sad to have Pujya Papa’s Kailashvasi He was the father of my predecessor.
- He had a heartfelt wish in the final moments, but I could not reach the cause of UP’s 23 million public interest in the country’s war against coronavirus.
- I couldn’t attend tomorrow’s funeral because of the success of the lockdown and the strategy to defeat Corona.
- I appeal that at least people attend the funeral. Will be on view after the lockdown.
Anand Singh retired from the Forest department:
- Yogi’s father Anand Singh, a resident of Pachur village of Yamkeswar in Garhwal district of Uttarakhand, was a ranger in the forest department.
- Retired in 1991. Adityanath’s childhood name is Ajay Singh Bisht. He left his family early in his childhood and went to the Mahant of the Gorakhnath Temple and Said Aydyanath of the Nath sect.
- Then Adityanath was replaced by Yogi Adityanath. While Yogi Adityanath was traveling to Uttarakhand at the time of election, family members used to visit him.