Mumbai University exam
The picture is clear regarding the examinations of Mumbai University. State Higher and Technical Education Minister Uday Samant has released important information regarding the dates of university examinations. He said that all the university students of the state will be promoted to the next class, except the final year students.
Only the final year exams will take between 1 and 30 July. But this will only happen until the lockdown is pushed forward. The most cases of Coronavirus is in Mumbai. The situation in Maharashtra is very bad.
But in the meantime, there is news of relief that thousands of students waiting for university exams have come to an end today. Education Minister Uday Samanta has taken the final decision on the status of university exams.
Announcement of The Education Minister
- The education minister made the announcement almost a month after the formation of an expert committee, including the vice-chancellors of state universities, directors of the state general entrance exam (CET) and directors of the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE).
- Other experts are also included in this committee. He said that a committee of vice-chancellors recently submitted its report to the government.
Discussion With Education Minister Uddhav Thackeray
- At the same time, he has discussed with the state Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray regarding the examinations.
- In this case, the final decision on the examinations will be issued by 1 pm on Friday afternoon.
- Last month Education Minister Uday Samant spoke with the Chief Secretary of the state as well as the heads of all the state universities as well as the Directors of DTE and CET Cell through video conferencing.
- In this, everyone was asked to strategize to conduct the exam for the current academic year.
- An expert committee was formed for this only.
Mumbai University postpone all the exams
- The university had decided to postpone all the exams to be held in April, May and June due to increased infection and lockdown of Coronavirus.
- The application date for these exams was also extended.
- It is now expected that the dates will be announced soon.