This is the fourth time the Maharashtra government has decided to extend the lockdown 4.0 by 15 days.
Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, Deputy Chief Ministers Ajit Pawar, Jayant Patil, Balasaheb Thorat, Eknath Shinde, Subhash Desai and Ashok Chavan collectively decided in a meeting.
The official notification regarding the extension of lockdown in Maharashtra is likely to come on Friday.
Lockdown 4.0 in Maharastra
- The nationwide lockdown was first implemented from March 25 to April 21 and has been extended twice.
- The third phase of the lockdown will end on May 17 but Prime Minister Narendra Modi indicated on Tuesday that it will continue with the guidelines even beyond the given date.
- He said that the fourth phase of lockdown 4.0 would be very different from the first three phases.
Highest Cases Of Coronavirus in Maharashtra
- Maharashtra is the country’s most hit state with 27,524 Coronavirus cases and 1,019 deaths.
- Mumbai alone has 16,579 cases and 621 deaths.
- With the two most affected areas in the country, Mumbai and Pune, the state government is now thinking of expansion.
- Both regions are the backbone of the state’s economy and also play an important role in Indian economic activities.
- If the lockdown is extended to June, it should be seen how the Maharashtra government is planning a revival for the economic activities there.