This comes because the country has seen the amount of opportunities grow for ladies , both in terms of education and employment as Union minister of finance Nirmala Sitharaman mentioned in February.
Legal Age For Marriage In India 2020
- The majority of marriage for girls was increased from 15 to 18 in 1978 as an amendment to the Sharda Act of 1929.
- The Indian Government is now seriously considering changing the majority of marriage from 18 to 21.
- This comes because the country has seen the amount of opportunities grow for ladies , both in terms of education and employment as Union minister of finance Nirmala Sitharaman mentioned in February.
- She also mentioned at the time that this issue are going to be looked into within six months.
Legal age for marriage in india 2020 for girl
- The Indian Government has reportedly found out a task force to determine crucial factors like mortality rates among women especially when motherhood is involved at a really young age.
- The task force will then submit its suggestions to the govt therefore the relevant course are often followed.
- As per data provided by UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund), around 27% of the ladies in India are married before turning 18.
- It’s hoped that raising the legal age for marriage in india 2020 for girl to 21 will cause laws restricting children from being married off too young.
Read Also: Casting Couch in bollywood 2020
Girls Marriage Age In India
- However, stricter measures will got to be in situ to form sure the laws are implemented across the country, particularly in rural regions where sexism remains rampant.
- Another study by UNICEF mentions India has the very best deathrate for youngsters aged five years or below.
- it’s said that the country saw 2.1 million deaths among children in 2006, accounting for nearly one-fifth of the worldwide deaths of youngsters aged under five.