According to the Union Health Ministry, The death toll rises to 507 and the total number of cases to 15,712 in the country on Sunday due to Covid-19.
The number of active Covid-19 cases at 12,974++, while 2,230 people have been cured and discharged, and one had migrated.
The total number of cases includes 77 foreign nationals.
The ministry said that 19 deaths have been reported since Saturday evening- 10 from Maharashtra, 5 from Gujarat, 2 from West Bengal and 1 from Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.
Deaths in Maharashtra,Madhya Pradesh,Gujarat,Telangana,Delhi:
- Of the 507 deaths, Maharashtra tops the list with 211 fatalities, followed by Madhya Pradesh at 70, Gujarat at 53, Delhi at 42 and Telangana at 18.
Deaths in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh:
- Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh have reported 15 deaths each while Uttar Pradesh has reported 14 deaths.
Deaths in Punjab And Karnataka:
- Punjab has reported 13 deaths while Karnataka’s death toll is 14.
Deaths in Rajasthan and WB:
- Rajasthan has registered 11 deaths while West Bengal has reported 12 fatalities.
Deaths in J&k, Haryana, Kerala:
- 5 people have lost their lives in Jammu and Kashmir while Kerala and Haryana have recorded 3 deaths each.
Highest COID-19 cases:
- The highest number of confirmed cases in India are from Maharashtra at 3,651 followed by Delhi at 1,893, Madhya Pradesh at 1,407 and Gujarat at 1,376.
- COVID-19 cases climb up to 1,372 in Tamil Nadu, 1,351 in Rajasthan and 969 in Uttar Pradesh.
- Telangana has 809 cases, Andhra Pradesh at 603 cases and Kerala at 400 cases.
- 42 people were infected with COVID-19 in Uttarakhand, while Himachal Pradesh has 39 cases. Chhattisgarh has 36 cases and Assam 35 cases.
- Jharkhand has 34 cases, Chandigarh 23 cases and Ladakh 18, while 14 cases have been reported from the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Meghalaya has reported 11 cases while Goa and Puducherry both have reported seven Covid -19 cases each.
- Manipur and Tripura have two cases each, while Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh both have reported a case each.