Earthquake in Gujarat: At 8.30 pm tonight, a magnitude 5.5 earth-quake shook various parts of the state including Rajkot, Patan, Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar.
The quake struck at 8:26 a.m. on January 26, 2001, while the quake struck at 8:12 p.m. tonight. Thus, today’s shock has reminded the people of Gujarat of 2001.
Earthquake in Ahmedabad
- A 5.5 magnitude earth-quake struck near Gujarat’s Rajkot at 8.13 PM Sunday, consistent with the National Center for Seismology (NCS).
- The epicentre was 118 km north-northwest of Rajkot.
- No injuries, deaths or damages are reported thus far .
- At 8.30 pm tonight, a magnitude 5.5 earthquake in Gujarat at various parts of the state including Rajkot, Patan, Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar.
- There was an AP center near Vondh village near Bhachau in Kutch.
- The quake struck at 8:26 a.m. on January 26, 2001, while the quake struck at 8:12 p.m. tonight.
- Thus, today’s Earthquake in Gujarat has reminded the people of Gujarat of 2001.
Earthquake In Gujarat
- The Earthquake in Gujarat worst affected area is Rajkot district. Shock has been felt in Jetpur, Virpur (Jalaram), Dhoraji, Upleta, Jamkandora of the district.
- This led to a renewed wave of anxiety among the people.
- There were two tremors in the district at 8 pm and 14 minutes.
- While in Morbi there was a tremor for 7 to 8 seconds.
- While the wall in Upleta has collapsed.
- The Chief Minister interacted with the District Collectors and instructed them to remain vigilant.
- Following the quake, Chief Minister Rupani had an immediate telephone conversation with the district collectors of Rajkot, Kutch and Patan to get information about the situation.
- The Chief Minister urged the collectors to remain vigilant and instructed them to get the details of any minor or major damage caused by these shocks.
- The Chief Minister also suggested that the control rooms of the Disaster Management Cell be made more intensive in these districts.
- The shock was also felt in Jamnagar, Junagadh, Bhavnagar, Surendranagar.
- Apart from this, strong tremors were also felt in Jamnagar, Junagadh, Bhavnagar and high-rise buildings were shaken.
- While in Surendranagar, Hadvad, Patan also an earth-quake has occurred.
People in Rajkot city scared
- People rushed out of their houses in various parts of Rajkot city after the earth-quake.
- People who were more experienced in tall buildings were terrified and are still standing on the road.
- Panic spread among the people because of Earthquake in Ahmedabad when the quake hit and people rushed out of the house.
- People living upstairs in the flat have more experience Earthquake in Ahmedabad.
- Intensity of around 3 has been recorded Earthquake in Ahmedabad.