Delhi Weekend Lockdown News: Due to rising coronavirus cases, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) on Tuesday decided to impose a weekend curfew in the national capital.
The weekend curfew will be imposed from Friday 10 pm to Monday 5 AM. As per the reports, all employees of government offices will shift to “Work From Home” mode — barring those associated with the Essential Services category.
Delhi Weekend Lockdown News | Delhi Weekend Lockdown Guidelines
During the press conference, Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia said “DDMA has decided to impose a curfew in Delhi on Saturdays and Sundays to curb COVID surge. All govt officials except for those engaged in essential services will work from home. 50% workforce of private offices will work from home”.
Meanwhile to avoid crowding outside metro stations and at bus stands, metro trains and DTC buses will again run at full seating capacity, however, it would be mandatory for commuters to wear masks.
“Cases of Omicron variant have been rapidly rising. Delhi has reported around 11,000 positive cases in the past 8-10 days, of which around 350 patients are in hospital, only 124 patients need oxygen and 7 are on a ventilator”, Sisodia informed.
New Guidelines For Lockdown In Delhi Today : Yellow Alert In Delhi
- All schools, colleges and other educational institutions will remain shut.
- Cinemas and gyms will be shut.
- Restaurants and bars will function at 50% capacity till 10pm.
- Online food deliveries will continue as usual.
- A night curfew has been imposed in Delhi from 10pm to 5am.
- Malls and shops will be open on an odd-even basis between 10am and 8pm.
- Standalone shops have been permitted to remain open without the odd-even rule.
- Spas, salons and barbershops will operate normally.
- Delhi Metro, public buses will operate at 50% seating capacity with no standing passengers, while other curbs under yellow alert of Covid GRAP are in force.
- All large gatherings – political, social and religious – will remain prohibited for the duration of the order.