Long queues for liquor in Delhi, people became uncontrolled.
In the 3rd phase of the lockdown, all the Liquor Stores opened in Delhi including the whole country today
Due to increased crowd outside and violation of social distance rules, the police had to close the liquor shops.
People waiting outside at Liquor Stores in Delhi
- People had gathered outside the liquor shop since morning knowing that the shop was closed for more than a month.
- Due to overcrowding, shops opened for some time only.
- The police initially appealed to the people to follow the rules, but when the people did not agree, the police used mild force to disperse the crowd and closed the liquor shops.
- At present, all liquor shops in the city are closed and police forces are stationed outside them.
Police force used in Laxmi Nagar
- The liquor store in Laxmi Nagar area became so crowded that the police force used to control the crowd.
- Police stationed in front of the liquor store in Delhi, while people waited for the shop to open.
- The police warn the crowd several times, but people are still standing outside the liquor store and breaking the rule of Social Distancing.
Police appeal to follow Social Distance
- In Karol Bagh, Police appeal to follow social distance, If they don’t follow then shops will closed.
- The SHO of Karol Bagh said that people were not following social distancing, so we closed liquor shops.
- In Delhi, policemen were seen resorting to force in several parts of the city as they tried to control crowds outside liquor stores this morning.
- Nearly 100 liquor shops permitted to open in the national capital that has over 90 containment zones; the city has so far reported over 4,500 COVID-19 cases and 64 deaths.
- Delhi should “allow minimum relaxations” to control the pandemic, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said this afternoon, calling it his “personal opinion”.
Get the Latest and Breaking News, Entertainment News, Technology News, Sports News Like Cricket, Government Jobs Alert, Government Results and Health & Fitness News here.