Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan died on Wednesday. He was 53 year old.
Actor Irrfan Khan died on Wednesday in Mumbai
- Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan died on Wednesday in Mumbai’s Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
- A press release released by his family said that Mr. Khan spent his final hours “surrounded by his love, his family for whom he most cared about.”
- Just hours ago, the actor’s spokesperson said during a statement that Mr. Khan was “still fighting the battle.”
- The Piku star, one of Indian cinema’s most respected thespians, battled a tumor for several months and returned to Mumbai some months ago after being treated in London.
- Irrfan Khan is survived by his wife Sutapa and two sons. Yesterday, his spokesperson confirmed that he had been taken to the medical care unit and later, dismissed rumors that Irrfan Khan had died.
Read the statement released on behalf of Irrfan Khan’s family:
- “I trust, I have surrendered”; These were the some of the many words that Irrfan expressed in a heartfelt note he wrote in 2018 opening up about his fight with cancer.
- And a man of few words and an actor of silent expressions with his deep eyes and his memorable actions on screen.
- It’s saddening that this day, we have to bring forward the news of him passing away.
- Irrfan was a strong soul, someone who fought till the very end and always inspired everyone who came close to him.
- After having been struck by lightning in 2018 with the news of a rare cancer, he took life soon after as it came and he fought the many battles that came with it.
- Surrounded by his love, his family for whom he most cared about, he left for heavenly abode, leaving behind truly a legacy of his own.
- We all pray and hope that he is at peace. And to resonate and part with his words he had said, “As if I was tasting life for the first time, the magical side of it.”
Filmmaker Shoojit Sircar tweeted:
- Filmmaker Shoojit Sircar, who directed Irrfan Khan in Piku, tweeted: “My dear friend Irrfan. You fought and fought and fought. I will always be proud of you.. we shall meet again.. condolences to Sutapa and Babil.. you too fought, Sutapa you gave everything possible in this fight. Peace and Om Shanti. Irfaan Khan salute,” he tweeted.
Actor’s spokesperson released this statement
- As news of Irrfan Khan’s hospitalization spread on Tuesday evening, the actor’s spokesperson released this statement: “Yes, it’s true that Irrfan Khan is admitted to ICU at Kokilaben in Mumbai due to a colon infection. “
- “We might keep everyone updated. he’s under doctor’s observation. His strength and courage have helped him battle and fight thus far and that we are sure together with his tremendous willpower and prayers of his well-wishers, he will recover soon.”
- Irrfan’s wife Sutapa Sikdar and his sons Babil and Ayan Khan were also reportedly at the hospital.
Some sources spread extreme rumours
- On Wednesday, a fresh statement was released warning against premature reports of Mr Khan’s death.
- It’s really disappointing to understand that there are extreme assumptions being made about Irrfan’s health.
- While we are truly appreciative that folks are concerned, it’s disheartening to ascertain some sources spread extreme rumors and creating panic.
- Irrfan may be a strong person and remains fighting the battle. we actually request you to not fall for rumors and not partake in these conversations which are fictional,” the actor’s spokesperson said.
Diagnosed with an Neuroendocrine Tumor
- Irrfan Khan was diagnosed with an neuroendocrine tumor in March 2018, soon after which he flew to London for treatment.
- He returned to India in February 2019 to shoot Angrezi Medium and flew back to London after a quick stay.
- The actor returned to India in September last year after surgery and treatment in London.
Irrfan Khan’s mother Saeeda Begum died at the age of 95
- Irrfan Khan’s mother Saeeda Begum died at the age of 95 on Saturday morning in Jaipur.
- Consistent with press agency ANI, Irrfan, who couldn’t travel from Mumbai thanks to the coronavirus lockdown, paid his deference to his late mother through a video conferencing session.
- The last movie of Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan was Angrezi Medium, which released a touch over every week before the lockdown was imposed in India.
- The actor wasn’t a part of the film’s promotions due to his health; he spoke to his fans via a video message before the trailer release of the film.
- His movie credits include internationally acclaimed offerings like The Lunchbox and therefore the Hollywood blockbuster Jurassic World.