Residents across the Bangalore city – that is still under lockdown – took to social media to try find the cause of the sonic boom sound, with many reaching out to the Bengaluru City Police.
Sonic Boom Sound in Bangalore: The city of Bangalore was abuzz over a loud sound that was heard over a large area and prompting speculation on social media.
Authorities quickly stepped in to reassure people there was nothing to worry about and investigations were underway. However, after the initial panic passed there were plenty of memes and jokes on Twitter, with #Bangalore #sonicboom dominating trends on the platform.
Loud Sound In Bangalore Today
- Residents across the Bangalore city that is still under lockdown took to social media to try find the cause of the loud sound, with many reaching out to the Bengaluru City Police.
- While some people said they felt tremor-like vibrations, others said it could be a ‘sonic boom’ created by a fighter aircraft that was reportedly seen flying above the city.
- The Indian Air Force did not confirm this theory.
Bangalore City Police Investigate That Sonic Boom Sound
- The Karnataka State Natural Disaster Management Centre ruled out an earthquake, and the city’s police commissioner said there are looking into this loud Sound matter.
Plenty Of Memes On Social Media
- So after the initial worry, plenty of jokes flooded social media. People blamed it on factors like an alien activities and even someone’s stomach growling.
- India’s current favourite comedian Danish Sait also quickly jumped in :
The loud sound was heard in Old Madras Road, Ulsoor, Kundanahalli, HAL, Kammanahalli, Cooke Town, Vivek Nagar, Ramamurthy Nagar, Koramangala, Hosur Road, CV Raman Nagar, Whitefield, and HSR Layout.