Tamil Nadu Lockdown News: Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin extended the statewide lockdown by another week Till 21 june.
The lockdown, which was supposed to finish on June 14, but now will extend in place till 6 am on June 21.
In addition to the existing relaxations in 27 districts where the active covid cases is comparatively less, the following will be allowed. This includes Chennai.
Tamil Nadu Lockdown News: List Of Allowed Activities
- Beauty parlours, salons and spas can function without AC with 50% occupancy from 6 am to 5 pm
- Government parks can open between 6 am and 9 am only for physical exercise
- Farming equipment repair and pump set repair shops will be allowed to function between 9 am and 5 pm
- TASMAC shops can work between 10 am to 5 pm.
- Shops repairing electronic items and those selling household items like mixy, grinder and refrigerators can function from 9 am to 2 pm.
- Mobile Shops can work from 9 am to 2 pm.
- Shops selling raw materials for construction can function from 9 am to 2 pm.
- Schools, colleges and university admission work will be allowed.
- Manufacturing industries associated with exports are allowed to function with 50% strength.
- Other industries can function with 33% of their strength.
- Industry workers, although allowed to travel in their four-wheeler, will now be allowed to travel in two-wheelers with e-pass and company identification cards.
- Administrative work relating to the admission of students in school and colleges will be allowed
- Export companies, Industries that supply to export companies can be allowed to function with 50% staff
- Other industries will be allowed to function with 33% workforce
- Employees from industries were previously allowed to travel by four-wheelers. Now they can avail of e-pass for their two-wheelers and travel along with their company-issued id card.
- IT companies will be allowed to function with 20% workforce or a maximum of 10 employee
- Home Financing Companies, Non-banking Financial Companies and all Co-operatives will be allowed to function with 33% workforce
In such districts as Coimbatore, Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Thiruvarur, Nagapattinam and Mayiladuthurai where active covid cases remain high, the government has allowed the following restrictions in these 11 districts.
Read Also: Latest News Of Telangana
- Private security offices and housekeeping staff will be allowed to work with e-pass
- Electricians, plumbers, motor technicians, carpenters and other self-employed persons will be allowed to work between 9 am and 5 pm with e-registration
- Bicycle and two-wheeler repair shops shall operate from 9 am to 2 pm
- With e-registration, rental vehicles and taxis shall operate with three passengers, and autos with two passengers
- Farming equipment repair and pump set repair shops will be allowed to function between 9 am and 2 pm
- Opticals retail and service centres will be allowed to operate between 9 am and 2 pm
- Pottery and handicraft manufacturing and selling will be allowed between 6 am and 5 pm
- Export companies, Industries that supply to export companies can be allowed to function with 25% staff.
As per the government order, shops and enterprises have been ordered to place hand sanitizers with dispensers at the entrance of the shops, while also conducting thermal screening.
The shops are restricted from using air conditioners while in operation and should strictly adhere to social distancing norms.
This is the third time that the lockdown extended in Tamil Nadu. The state has gone into lockdown on May 8. It was extended till June 7, then till June 14 and now till June 21.
Read Also: SBI Loan Restructuring